Sunday, October 11, 2015

Revolution Oktoberfest Revolution Review



Name: Revolution Oktoberfest Revolution
Style: Oktoberfest/Märzen
ABV: 5.7%
IBUs: 25

After overdosing on Oktoberfest beers a couple years back, I deliberately avoided reviewing any Oktoberfest-style beers. I also did this because while I know Oktoberfest beers are insanely popular, to me it's one of the most boring styles of beer out there. To me, there just aren't many that seem to stand out amongst one another aside from a quality point of view. Now this year I have tried out a couple Oktoberfests that were surprisingly good to the point that I would go out of my way to try it again. Sadly one of these beers (Bauhaus Schwandtoberfest) is out of stock for the rest of the year.

Fear not, one of these other beers is the next beer in my Chicago craft beer care package. I give to you Revolution Brewing's Oktoberfest Revolution. Also I couldn't locate my beer mug for this review so this'll have to do for right now

Appearance - Fairly clear bright amber color with a moderate amount of visible carbonation. The head is nice & foamy and I am getting some spotty lacing along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Toffee & Munich malts upfront along with some light chocolate notes. I'm also picking up on some light floral hop notes and some mild caramel sweetness.

Taste - Fairly reflective of those nose. Toffee & Munich malts upfront followed by some more chocolate notes. There's those light floral hops in here along with some light caramel sweetness and a hint of graininess.

As I said earlier, I'm not huge into Oktoberfest beers by any means but I found this to be quite good...and tasty for that matter. If every Oktoberfest beer out there had as much effort put into it as Oktoberfest Revolution, I would have a much different opinion on the style. To those who have immediate access to Revolution's beer, you owe it to yourself to try this out.

Revolution Oktoberfest Revolution - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment