Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Revolution Mosaic Hero Review



Name: Revolution Mosaic Hero
Style: India Pale Ale
ABV: 7.5%
IBUs: 75

It's no secret that I enjoy Mosaic Hops and I consider it to be one of my favorite styles of hops. While I was putting together this beer trade, we were going over a list of what each of us would like. Now during that time I never mentioned once that I like Mosaic Hops, so imagine my surprise when a few of the beer I got in this trade were brewed with Mosaic Hops.

Which brings us to the next beer in my Chicago beer trade: Mosaic Hero from Revolution Brewing. Part of their Hero Series, which focuses on brewing beers with exclusive hop types. As you may have already guessed, this is a beer made with Mosaic Hops in addition to Warrior & Zythos. In all honesty, I was going to hold off on having this beer until later but temptation got the beer of me.

Appearance - Mildly hazy golden color with some light visible carbonation. There really isn't much in terms of a head save for a thin white film and there is no lacing along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Pungent citrus, mango and apricot notes with a slight hint of peach. I'm also getting some caramel & toffee maltiness which is backed up by some mild piney bitterness.

Taste - Apricot, Mango and Piney hop bitterness on the front of the palate. The bitterness in particular lingers throughout the taste with some toffee maltiness showing up on the back end of the palate along with the reappearance of some citrus notes paired with that piney bitterness.

I may be a little biased here but I love this beer, and the addition of Warrior & Zythos hops actually give this beer a lot more character than if it were just brewed with just Mosaic. If you're a fan of Mosaic Hops, you're obviously going to love this. If you're a fan of IPAs in general....I still you'll love this. Either way, it is most certainly worthy of your attention.

Revolution Mosaic Hero - 9.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment