Friday, January 13, 2017

Bent Paddle Cold Press Black Review



Name: Bent Paddle Cold Press Black
Style: Black Ale
ABV: 6%
IBUs: 34 

Been meaning to review this for a while, but I can never seem to find this in stores; Only on tap at certain establishments. Then this past weekend, I finally found it. I'm talking about Bent Paddle's Cold Press Black, which to my knowledge, is their black ale made with coffee beans from The Duluth Coffee Company. It's also been a while since I've had their black ale, so let's try this out!

Appearance - Pitch black with some light carbonation along the sides of the glass. The head takes on a tan khaki color and it leaves a good amount of lacing along the sides of the glass.

Aroma - Nice roasted barley and chocolate malt profile mixed in with some nice coffee ground notes and faint hops.

Taste - The front of the palate starts things off with some roasted barley and chocolate malts, with some moderate coffee ground notes popping up in the middle. Towards the back, I'm getting more of that chocolate malt backbone and more coffee ground notes. The aftertaste consists mainly of roasted barley and light coffee grounds.

I like the coffee in this; Not too strong and just balanced enough to walk in sync with the other aspects of the flavor. As far as I'm concerned, it's another solid offering from Bent Paddle and the perfect beer for these cold winter days. If you see this, be sure to check it out!

Bent Paddle Cold Press Black - 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment