Monday, January 30, 2017

Terrapin W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout Review



Name: Terrapin W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout
Style: Imperial Stout
ABV: 9.4%
IBUs: 50

I apologize for being out these past few days, as I had to deal with the death of a family member and that had taken up a good portion of my time. It was a difficult time but I feel better knowing that he's in a better place and is no longer in pain.

With that said, I've come to final Terrapin beer in my Georgia craft beer package and that would be their W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout. It's a beer I first heard about a few years back and I'm fortunate enough to try it out.

Now I was a bit confused over the W-n-B acronym as this beer used to go by the name "Wake-n-Bake" and it turns out that Terrapin did, in fact, change the name some point in the past few years. As to why that is, I cannot say. However, the acronym now stands for "Why not beer?" You wanna know what, why not?

Appearance - Pitch black color with no carbonation. The head takes on a nice pillowy dark brown appearance and the lacing left behind is very abundant.

Aroma - Coffee grounds, chocolate malts with some toffee sweetness. I'm also picking up on a light amount of bitter hops in here too.

Taste - Strong chocolate malts and molasses upfront with the middle opening up to some coffee grounds and roasted barley. The back end of the palate finishes things off with some mild toffee sweetness and a moderate bitter hoppiness, the latter of which lingers for a couple of moments.

What can I say, it's another excellent imperial stout from Terrapin and it serves as a reminder to myself that I need to make it a priority to check out more of their offerings the next time I'm in Georgia!

Terrapin W-n-B Coffee Oatmeal Imperial Stout - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment