Saturday, February 21, 2015

Indeed Mexican Honey Imperial Lager Review



Name: Indeed Mexican Honey Imperial Lager
Style: Imperial Lager
ABV: 8%
IBUs: 17

Time to look at another beer from Indeed Brewing, but I'll moving to the opposite end of the beer spectrum by reviewing a lager; Or in this case, an Imperial Lager. Today I've got their Mexican Honey Imperial Lager, which is brewed with Mexican Orange Blossom Honey. Now before I start, I want to point out that they are now canning this beer as opposed to bottling it. I'm also aware that this bottle is from last year, so I plan on putting an updated photo in the near future.

Appearance - Bright yellow color with a mild amount of carbonation. The head is pretty soapy and the lacing is on the sparse side.

Smell - Strong floral hops in the front of the nose and some mild citrus notes as well. I'm definitely getting some honey sweetness in here and it becomes more prevalent the more it warms up. I'm also picking up on some mild yeastiness and graham crackers.

Taste - Like the aroma, the Floral hops and the honey sweetness are definitely pretty strong upfront. I'm also getting some light tangerine and mango sweetness in the middle, and some very mild graham cracker and mild yeast notes in the back. The aftertaste is a mix of faint honey sweetness and light floral hops.

In the trend of Imperializing beers, this is definitely one of the better ones I've had. Like I always say, if you're ever in Minnesota or Western Wisconsin, this is definitely worth checking out should you get the chance!

Indeed Mexican Honey Imperial Lager - 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment