Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blue Moon Belgian White Review



Name: Blue Moon Belgian White
Style: Witbier
ABV: 5.4%

It's taken me this long to review Blue Moon Belgian White? Yeah, I still don't quite understand it myself but when I see a Blue Moon Seasonal Sampler on sale, I cannot pass up that offer. This'll be the first beer in my Blue Moon series and I've decided to start off with the original Belgian White.

What can be said about Belgian White? Well next to Coors, Budweiser & Miller, it is one of the most widely recognized beers in America and can be found everywhere in the country. I've also had this beer at Olive Garden a few times because it's usually the only thing I consider to be decent on tap.

Belgian White pours a cloudy yellow color with a foamy white head. The lacing is on the sparse side and I'm not getting any visible carbonation.

In the aroma, I'm getting potent orange peel notes, some malted wheat, a bit of berry sweetness, along with some pale malts to round things off.

Flavor-wise, the orange peel & berry sweetness up front are fairly mild compared to the malted wheat and pale malt in the back, which are also relatively tame. The aftertaste is a light mix of malted wheat and orange peel sweetness.

Even though the flavor leaves something more to be desired, this is not a bad beer. When you take into consideration that this is a Miller-Coors Product, it's actually quite good plus there is none of that grainy adjunct flavor in here either which is a plus in my book. The best way to describe this beer is that it's not perfect, but even a broken clock is wrong twice a day.

Blue Moon Belgian White - 7.75/10

No comments:

Post a Comment