Sunday, February 15, 2015

Toppling Goliath Tsunami Pale Ale Review



Name: Toppling Goliath Tsunami Pale Ale
Style: American Pale Ale
ABV: 5%

Another beer from Toppling Goliath? Don't mind if I do! After having their Golden Nugget, I've been very eager to try out their other offerings. I recently came into possession of their Tsunami Pale Ale or as I heard someone else call it, Toppling Goliath's OTHER Pale Ale.

I found out too that this was a draft only beer until very recently when they decided to bottle this up. It's not PseudoSue, but it'll have to do for now. Though I've heard whisperings and rumors that PseudoSue may be arriving in the very near future; Only time will tell.

Appearance - Hazy orange with a mild amount of visible carbonation. The head is thin but foamy and has distinct orange complexion on an otherwise white head. Maybe it's just the lighting but it's worth mentioning. The lacing is also very abundant and quite sticky

Aroma - Floral hops and yeasts permeate the nose up front. I'm also picking up on some toffee malts and a bit of resin bitterness as well. Nothing I haven't already seen this far, so let's see how it is.

Taste - Floral & Bitter hops dominate the front of the palate before being taken over by some mild yeastiness and toffee malts. In the aftertaste, the bitter hops make a reappearance along with some yeast notes. The bitter hops in particular linger on the palate long after everything is done.

Tsunami Pale Ale is a solid American Pale Ale that manages to please. At the same time, it doesn't do anything that I haven't already seen before in an APA and plays it safe flavor-wise. Still, it is worth checking out if you so happen to see it.

Toppling Goliath Tsunami Pale Ale - 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment